God’s Call …Our Vision
Our building serves as a tool for God’s work in the world. By aligning our building with our vision, the renovation is answering God’s call by:
- Transforming lives through spirituality in action
- Expanding and deepening community
- Engaging our wider neighborhood
Our Redeemer’s building is the product of at least three major building projects over the span of 71 years. Over the years the congregation’s needs and priorities have evolved and the Vision Aligned Building (VAB) Team is creating a design that uplifts rather than restricts what can be done in the building.
SHKS Architects is taking the lead on designing a space that is true to the vision outlined in 2016, meets the daily needs of the congregation and community, and corrects known problems with the building.
- Flexible worship space that uplifts and enhances formal and informal and invites in the community.
- Church should have clarity of arrival.
- An environment that fosters community and expresses our diversity.
- All spaces accessible.
- Office space that is more functional, collaborative and volunteer friendly.
The renderings below are conceptual designs presented to the congregation on February 16, 2020.