As we focus on racial justice during this Sunday’s service, Our Redeemer’s Racial Justice Group would like to share some opportunities for you to get involved:
- Join our Racial Justice Advocates group. We meet every two weeks on Monday evenings, and would love to have you join us! Please contact Marie Brissette if you’re interested.
- Join a racial equity book group with other congregation members this summer (or help develop one!)
- Give to the Emanuel Nine Memorial, or join one of the zoom events on forgiveness with
Mother Emanuel Church https://emanuelnine.org/
- Take a training to learn how to respond when someone makes
a racist comment or takes a racist action. For example, here is a free Bystander
Intervention Training by Hollaback and Asian Americans Advancing Justice: https://www.ihollaback.org/bystanderintervention/
- Follow what is happening nationally about voting rights with the Brennan Center.
Thank you for doing your part to ensure that all God’s children thrive.
Emanuel Nine Memorial
The Emanuel 9 Memorial encourages people to reconcile their hearts and actions with the example set by the families in Charleston, S.C.
Est. reading time – 2 minutes
Hollaback! Together We Have the Power to End Harassment
States have already enacted more than 20 laws this year that will make it harder for Americans to vote — and many legislatures are still in session. (169 kB)