As we focus on racial justice during this Sunday’s service, Our Redeemer’s Racial Justice Group would like to share some opportunities for you to get involved:
- Join our Racial Justice Advocates group. We meet every two weeks on Monday evenings, and would love to have you join us! Please contact Marie Brissette if you’re interested.
- Join a racial equity book group with other congregation members this summer (or help develop one!)
- Give to the Emanuel Nine Memorial, or join one of the zoom events on forgiveness with
Mother Emanuel Church https://emanuelnine.org/
- Take a training to learn how to respond when someone makes
a racist comment or takes a racist action. For example, here is a free Bystander
Intervention Training by Hollaback and Asian Americans Advancing Justice: https://www.ihollaback.org/bystanderintervention/
- Follow what is happening nationally about voting rights with the Brennan Center.
Thank you for doing your part to ensure that all God’s children thrive.
Emanuel Nine Memorial
The Emanuel 9 Memorial encourages people to reconcile their hearts and actions with the example set by the families in Charleston, S.C.
Est. reading time – 2 minutes
Hollaback! Together We Have the Power to End Harassment
Free Bystander Intervention training to stop anti-Asian/American and xenophobic harassment in the wake of the coronavirus.
Brennan Center for Justice
States have already enacted more than 20 laws this year that will make it harder for Americans to vote — and many legislatures are still in session. (169 kB)