DEAR OUR REDEEMER’S FRIENDS,
Pastor Gretchen, Music Director Karen Lee, and the staff have continued to consult with one another as we read how other faith communities are responding to the coronavirus to be sure we are doing what is most helpful and healthful for Our Redeemer’s’ community. We continue to make adjustments:
* As of March 11, 2020, we are following the guidelines of Seattle and King County Public Health and the State Governor’s proclamation as described on this public health blog.
* Both worship services will continue to be held, and both will be live-streamed to Facebook to allow all of us to worship – including all who feel uncomfortable in a larger group or whose health is vulnerable. All are still welcome!
* No communion wine will be served. Martin Luther was very clear about how the significance and effect of communion is not at all affected by receiving only bread. Christ is still truly present!
* Special cleaning protocols are continuing for hot spots (door handles, light switches, etc.) and for our “Count Me In” clipboards. Sanitizer and Chlorox wipes will be widely available, including as you come forward for communion. All communion servers will thoroughly wash their hands before serving the bread.
* We continue to welcome groups to Our Redeemer’s. We are asking that all groups wipe down surfaces before and after their meetings to ensure their health, their group’s health and the community’s health. We have provided sanitizing wipes for this purpose. Also, “hotspots” are being sanitized daily/nightly
If any new advice comes out that applies to us, you will hear from us again. In the meantime, we give thanks for God’s steadfast love, a very present help in times of trouble, and for God’s healing peace which passes all understanding.
God be with you!